Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I unfortunately haven’t had the opportunity to create a post although (every now and again) I have found time to reply to your lovely comments (so I haven’t been completely absent!).
Now to get back into my posting (with another ‘Being’ post), enjoy!
Did you know that as a default our brain’s are negative? That means that we are more likely to criticise than to give praise. Now that you know this, it is not the time to throw all your good qualities out of the window and use this as an excuse to cover your negative actions. Instead, this is the time to learn how to put a positive spin on things and to learn to control our consciousness.
Now that we’ve covered the facts, let’s get into the fun part
5 steps to becoming optimistic (like me):
- Think as many positive thoughts that you can in around 20 seconds (reading Very Punny, commenting on Very Punny, liking Very Punny…just to name a few)
- Surround yourself with happy people. The people who you surround yourself with have a big impact on how you think, “You are the average of the five people around you” – Jim Rohn. (not that you are ever really average)
- Create a dream to focus on, this creates a purpose. And some of the longest-living people (who were also the happiest) had a purpose, a dream, something which they strived towards. (a long life?)
- Relax. Yes, this is actually a way to become happier. Schedule some ‘me’ time and do the things you love. (I’ll gladly do this, maybe there should be a scheduled holiday in the busiest time of the year)
- And most importantly hang out her- ok, lets actually do a real one. Enjoy the moment! Enjoying the small moments (regardless of whether they’re good or bad), it make’s you more aware of what’s going on around you.
Also remember that you don’t have to be happy all the time, forcing happiness can be unhealthy. And as a blogger, I find that negative experiences can make good blog posts…
Just to show that no, I didn’t make all of this up (and because of copyright etc), some of the information in this post came from:
Also, this week I will be posting every second day to get through the awards and tags which I have been looking forward to doing for some time now. Thank you for all the nominations and sorry about the delay, but I’m finally getting to it!
So prepare for me cluttering up your reader!
(And thank you so much for 100 followers, it means so much to me!)