Thanks to the happiest pixel for the nomination. Please check out the blog as there are lots of great advice and recipes! It is such a great read.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their profile
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created
How My Blog Started:
I always thought about starting a blog, it seemed like a really fun idea. And after thinking about it for a couple of years, I decided to start one on the 8th of January. It took a while to think of a theme for my blog (which in the end became about my hilarious personality), and since then my writing style has evolved a little. Now that I have followers, I feel like I’m writing on a bit more of a personal level and have become less formal.
Nearly a month after I began my blog, and I’m still loving it (although there is more work then I realised!). I can’t wait to see how my blog will turn out in another month or two, especially how my writing style will develop further (if it does at all).
My Advice to You:
I am only a new blogger myself, so… I guess this applies to me as well…
1. Each post, make sure you know what you are going to write about. Otherwise you will go off on a random tangent that your reader didn’t come to read. You might have heard people talk about this before but it is incredibly important! If you want to grow your following, you want to engage your readers and show them the post that they came for.
2. Have a regular posting schedule (talking about that, I am moving my schedule to a Sunday). I personally like knowing that the blog that I’m following will post within the next month (I’m talking to you community channel), and that I won’t have to wait 2 years for a good post. When you decide your schedule, don’t plan for everyday, it doesn’t work (and I’ve had first hand experience). Do it maybe on the weekend, where you have enough time to write a quality post (quantity of quality, I mean quality over quantity.)
Note to self: Please take your own advice.
And anyone else reading this!